Opal Gupta, MD
Board-Certified Allergist & Immunologist in San Francisco, CA
Union Square 11th Floor
450 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
2100 Webster Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Dr. Opal Gupta is a board-certified allergist and immunologist in San Francisco, CA. She has a particular interest in food allergy, eczema, contact dermatitis, hives, allergic and non-allergic disorders of the nose, and asthma. Dr. Gupta is a native of the Bay Area and returned home to join San Francisco Otolaryngology Medical Group in December 2018. Dr. Gupta completed her residency in Pediatrics at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern University Medical Center. She then completed her fellowship in adult and pediatric Allergy & Immunology at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL.
2016-2018 Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
2013-2016 McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Pediatric Internship and Residency
2009-2013 University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
Medical Doctorate, May 2013
2004-2008 University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Molecular & Cell Biology: Cell Developmental Biology, May 2008
2013 Child & Adolescent Health Medical Scholars Program
University of Cincinnati COM, Cincinnati, OH
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
American Medical Association
San Francisco Marin Medical Society
Title: An Open-Label Extension Study of Reslizumab 100-mg Fixed, Subcutaneous Dosing in Patients 12 Years of Age and Older with Severe Eosinophilic Asthma
Agency: TEVA | ID#: 101,399
- Marchisotto MJ, Harada L, Kamdar O, Smith BM, Waserman S, Sicherer S, Allen K, Muraro A, Taylor S, Gupta RS. Food Allergen Labeling and Purchasing Habits in the United States and Canada. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2016 Nov; J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2017 Mar-Apr; 5(2):345-351.e2.
- Britto M, Hesse B, Kamdar O, Munafo J. How Patient Portals Help Parents Manage Their Child’s Chronic Illness: Parents’ Perspectives. J Pediatr 2013; 163(1): 280-1.e1-2.
- Shen T, Le W, Yee A, Kamdar O, Hwang PH, Upadhyay D. Nicotine Induces Resistance to Chemotherapy in Nasopharyngeal Cancer. Am J Rhinol 2010; (24)2:e73-7.
- Zhang J, Kamdar O, Le W, Rosen GD, Upadhyay D. Nicotine Induces Resistance to Chemotherapy by Modulating Mitochondrial Signaling in Lung Cancer. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2009; 40(2): 135-46.
- Kamdar O, Wei L, Zhang J, Ghio AJ, Rosen GD, Upadhyay D. Air Pollution Induces Enhanced Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress In Cystic Fibrosis Lungs. FEBS Letters 2008; 582(25- 26): 3601-06.
- Zhang J, Ghio AJ, Chang W, Kamdar O, Rosen GD, Upadhyay D. Bim mediates mitochondria-regulated particulate matter-induced apoptosis in alveolar epithelial cells. FEBS Letters 2007; 581(22): 4148-52.