Sowmya Arja, MD
Allergist & Immunologist in San Francisco, CA
Dr. Sowmya Arja is an allergist and immunologist with San Francisco, Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology. Originally from the Bay Area, Dr. Arja moved to Baltimore to complete medical school and residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of Maryland Medical Center. She received her allergy and immunology fellowship training at the University of California, Davis Health Center in Sacramento.
2020-2022 Allergy and Immunology Fellowship Training, University of California Davis Health Center, Sacramento, CA
2016-2020 Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency Training, University of Maryland Medical Center and University of Maryland Children’s Hospital, Baltimore, MD
2012-2016 University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Licata CJ, Arja S, Teuber SS. Steroid resistant hypereosinophilic syndrome found to be Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Case Reports in Internal Medicine. 2021;8(2):10-14.
- Arja S, Ferretti-Gallon J, Teuber SS. Recent advances in the immunopathogenesis of severe asthma: CME examination. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2022;149(2):466.
- Arja S, Licata CJ, Nguyen AP, Stocking JC, Teuber SS. Factors Associated with Allergen Immunotherapy-Related Systemic Reactions. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2022;149(2):AB47.
- Arja S, Teuber SS. Recurrence of Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis During Treatment with a TNF-Alpha Antagonist for Pustular Psoriasis. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2021;127(5):S121.
- Siddiqi A, Arja S, Lo R, Fernandez-Becker N, McGhee S. Incidental Improvement in Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease While on Treatment with Dupilumab for Asthma. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2019;123(5):S135.”